Pages

Ads 468x60px

Thursday, March 05, 2009


Murphy's Law, Death of Riley, For the Love of Mike
(6 down, 44 to go)

Oh, how I love a good series. :)

I picked up the first book in this series, Murphy's Law at the library one day, it looked like a good book to keep in my purse. It didn't stay in my purse for long! I picked up the next two a few days later... and had THEM finished in 24 hours.

They're quick easy reads about a red headed girl straight from Ireland, arriving in New York through Ellis Island at the turn of the century. She gets herself into quite a bit of mischief, not the least of which is being accused of murder. The police can't seem to find the killer, as they're busy focusing on her and a friend she knows is innocent, so she sets out to solve the mystery on her own. The next two books follow the same general formula, but don't get tiresome. The setting is fabulous, I love that period in American history. There's a dash of romance, but it's not obnoxious. I'm picking up the next three today... hopefully I can still manage to get the laundry done!

2 comments:

The Hartle's said...

I totally forgot about his blog! Hmmm... maybe I'll have to read, I'm trying to read again! YOu know in between NPS!

Karen said...

I didnt know about this blog site. I am going to try this book next visit to the library

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text